Home > Lesbian Forums > Religion > Wiccan / Pagan Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Wiccan / Pagan
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 21:49

How do you really begin such a conversation over such a controversial topic? I have come to learn why I've never "fit in" all my life no matter what religion or lifestyle. Catholicism was the closest, but even then I felt "not quite right" but my lover at the time made it feel right. To deny who I was/ what I knew and felt within myself, and finally after all this time acknowledging why I "just knew" the things I did even as a young child finally makes sense to me. I accept happily the fact that I am a natural born witch, blessed with empathic gifts and the abilities of a healer thanks to Cherokee born great grams, Irish grams, and mom. Why does this have to be such a "forbidden" religion? it was here before ANY religion ever existed.... every religion sprang off from this ancient "core" religion.... I would LOVE to meet more "like minded" women who live in the White Mtn Lake,AZ area to gather with and share thoughts, ideas, experiences with.... give me a shout.... merry meet and blessed be

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 17, 2013 11:19

I know that feeling. I'm Pagan and it's so diffcult finding anyone else around these parts that are into The Craft. More are into the fad of it like Harry Potter. And everyone that are into the paranormal are only into cuz of these fads instead of doing it for the real thing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 09, 2010 17:50

Hey everyone.... what interesting feedback! thanks!! it really is hard not to find only "like-minded" folk, but of the "family" persuasion on top of it when you're living in a majorly dominated mormon town.... would love to keep in touch with y'all anyway; though until I can afford to get net access at home I have to rely on the library for it.... many blessings my fellow witches.... merry meet again

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2010 22:38

Wicca is so close to hinduism. If i were to explain my religion to someone without mentioning the religion by name many would thing I was a wiccan too. Furthurmore, Hinduism was the first one of religions to acknowledge the marriage between two women. Men are not so lucky. However with the advent of western religions homosexuality became unexceptable.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 06, 2010 22:17

Another Wiccan here. I have to say that here, in this small town I live in, people tend to be afraid if you tell them you are Wiccan. It's not like we are going to turn them into a toad or anything...lol. I only reveal my true self to those I can trust. It saves on persecution...I think there has been enough of that over the centuries....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 02, 2010 17:09

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I too am a Wiccan Lesbian and it is so hard to find any ladies in my home town that are anything like me. It is hard to talk about it when someone doesn't understand the religion and when some don't understand it they become ignorant to the feelings of the one who is of that religion!

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.