Home > Lesbian Forums > Religion > Is there anything wrong with talking about "religion"? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is there anything wrong with talking about "religion"?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 09, 2005 12:03

For starters, do you believe in God? I do. Or maybe talking about religion is talking about the traditions and what people do in church...you decide

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 04, 2009 21:03

Quoting FeminineMind:

For starters, do you believe in God? I do. Or maybe talking about religion is talking about the traditions and what people do in church...you decide

There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking about relegion, it just depends who you talk to and the location. Work place for instance is one of the place that talking about religion and politics is a no no. Workers could get in a heated discussion.

I come from a very religious family and i never consider myself religious but i think i am spiritual. I do believe in God too. I have many blessings which i call a kiss from God.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 26, 2009 13:06

I also enjoy talking / discussing religion, like to hear other beliefs and points of view. As long as we respect and listen, it's totally fine.

And yes I believe in God, and his miracles; us! Everyone of us.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 28, 2009 12:28

i like to talk about religion. i think it says a lot about a person what he or she believes in, even if he or she is an atheist. but i have to say that i think it is a bit difficult to talk religion with atheists sometimes, because i'm religious. i'm pagan btw, talking about religion. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 24, 2009 13:06

Hi Everybody, I'm newbie around here and hope to meet lots of friends. I agree with most of you girls saying the main thing about religion is that we are free to have our own and we must respect the others.

I think lately people tend to get confused with the meaning of Religion and Church. First, religion is this passion inherent to all human beings to build up their own explanation about the world they live in and believe in in whatever they want to believe... That's religion.
Now, the Church is this huge institution that's been taking over this human value (religion)and using it as a code for behavior control.

It's my personal idea that no authority in this world has right to tell you what to believe.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 15, 2008 15:44

My perception on religion is don't do to others what you woud'nt like them do to you. Give and get in return. Find the good in all and you will find humanity and the whole in all of us, truthh and reality.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 29, 2008 11:58

Hello girls, at my perspective it is important to share honestly what we are,and our beliefs because it is my only way to love and respect the woman who I love.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 13, 2007 21:55

You know i am probably going to say a few things that may just freak you out.
Lets start by saying this: All bibles, scriptures etc (which ever you wish to call them as to your belief)...no matter where you look say that god is "Everything". Now i dont know what most people think everything is but everything is EVERY THING. lol...its only hard when we make it that way. So now since god is every"thing"...God is also that PRIDE thing. God invented Pride. If you think pride is a bad thing well then that is what you think but then you would also have to say that no pride in anything should be extended to anything but god...therefore things such as parents having pride in their children etc. would be a bad thing...Now doesnt that sound a bit far fetched? That in itself would make god vain because god would be the only one to be blessed with pride from others. Pride in itself is not a bad thing...it is how it is used against another living source and/or within us that make pride not so nice of a thing at times.
Scientifically, every thought, word, action, person and thing is nothing more than pure energy. Energy begets energy.
If you do not think we are pure energy just because we have visible mass that can be felt...you might want to look alot closer.
As far as the topic of religion it is unwise to put fear into freedom of speech...before you know it we will begin to fear all kinds of things and keep quite about them. Sooner or later chances are we will eventually lose our
rights all because we were
afraid to speak up.

Thank you for your time and...no offense intended just conversation...
Have a great day.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2005 06:45

Everyone has their own church. Mine does not have a roof over it

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 24, 2005 02:58

There's nothing wrong with talking about God in my book, but some people just get so sensitive over their own personal beliefs that sometimes it's almost rediculous.
I've been Athiest for around a year now & talk about God & the idea of a higher power doesn't bother me, as long as people don't try to suck me into it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 19:24

I love God completely.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2005 20:32

Phoenix_Byrdy write:
nothings wrong with discussing religion...
but i'm atheist so i don't do it often

ok, my fellow lesbian sister, do you set your alarm clock at night ? you do believe in faith, faith that you will wake up !!! the Power of Creation does exist in you !!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 05, 2005 11:04

nothings wrong with discussing religion...
but i'm atheist so i don't do it often

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us facebook twitter pinterest google+
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate is owned and operated by SuccessfulMatch.com. LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.