Home > Lesbian Forums > Lesbian Questions > Born this way or figured it out later in life? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Born this way or figured it out later in life?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 03, 2011 16:43

So, I was just wondering, who here knew that they were a lesbian from a young age, and who figured it out later on in life?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 25, 2014 06:58

Me too, and I'm now 49! Have four children, two marriages, still fancy men so it gets a bit confusing sometimes. Not keen on the sex part though with men, it never felt comfortable to me, when I kissed a woman  for t he first t time it just felt like th ed mos t natural a l feeling in the world.  I don't think it matters who we're attracted to, if we fall in love we fall in love, comitt to that individual, no matter what our sexuality, just cos we like chicken, doesn't mean we'd eat steak at the same time!  Anyway, social norms and family values, religion etc, have put pressure on us all to conform, recently I fell very heavilly, it's only the second time in my life I ever felt t his much love for another woman, but it's caused such hurt that I felt like running back into the closest, which is what I've been doing my whole life, but I've finally decided enough is enough, if I don't do it now, I never will. So I recently came out t o ALL of my family, including my kids, it hasn't' been easy, but I'm still here, good luck to you, if you need to talk, I'm here!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 21, 2014 09:21

I knew since I was 9 but didn't really know that it was different to be attracted to girls. I had my first lesbian sex with my best friend when I was 14 but she was embarassed after and wouldn't let me touch her again. I still love her all these years later and would like to kiss her again. I have stayed in the closet all my life but I am admitting to myself now that I have never really been attracted to men. Women have always turned me on and give me chills when I am hugged or touched. So I guess I've always known...wish I had done something about it younger!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 01, 2013 06:43

Both!  Growing up I knew that boys could like boys, but it never occurred to me that it could go the other way too. I would have strait sexual fantasies, but I was always the guy making love to the woman in my head. In the 9th grade I decided I should start dating, so went for the first guy that showed an interest in me. I just. didn't. get it. So I tried another. Nothing. Then I made out with my soon-to-be first girlfriend and everything made sense - why I couldn't look at the poster of the naked woman on her wall, why I blushed over certain women, why I had no personal opinion on which guy was the most attractive, etc. I spent years wishing I could be bisexual, but have completely accepted my sexual orientation now :).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 06, 2013 12:15

I figured it out from a young age. Since Kindergarten (I'm serous and have know idea how that happened) and it was never a question until Middle school where I the "It's wrong and sinful" doctrine started to penetrate my happy bubble

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 05, 2013 19:42

I knew from the age of 9 that I was different. I didnt know what I was until later but I knew that I like girls and that I wasn't supposed to. My family is very religious and I was always taught that it was wrong. I moved away from home when I was 19 but it still took me until I was 24 to come out to anyone. I do not believe that I was born a lesbian. I believe that things that happened to me as a kid made me a lesbian. It doesn't change anything but it is what I believe.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 21, 2013 14:18

I've always known. It wasn't until long after I'd instigated numerous sleep-overs and accommanied like minded girls to the school bathroom for "play time" that I got old enough to realize that it wasn't "Normal" that I tried to school myself against it.
After a few years of that, I was convinced that I was asexual because I felt nothing for guys while everybody else was fauning over the all-boys high school next door. 
Finally, the year after I started college, after I tried convincing my best friend (a guy) that I wasn't  a Lesbian, that I dated said friend in an attepmt to learn the ropes.
Date 2 other guys- briefly- since then and ..........  yeah.
I like girls

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 17, 2013 11:10

I didn't figure it out till I was 20 years old. I was very confused as to what I'm suppose to be and what I feel I'm naturally am.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 13, 2013 06:01

I think I'm born for it
'cause I've never fell with guys!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2012 09:14

When I was 12 I got a crush on a girl in my school and used to try to be wherever she was until it became noticeable and I started getting teased. Never had a crush on a boy. Finally got involved with a girl when I was 14 and we had a short relationship. We were awkward but both curious so we did quite a bit. She went back to boys but I knew that my only interest was girls.

To the girl from L.A. - I can't figure out why you can't find a girl in this city for yourself. You're absolutely gorgeous. If you went to a gay/lesbian event you'd totally be hit up on.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 09, 2012 16:50

Hey there. I have been attracted to women since childhood. Especially my coaches. I was attracted to men as well, but not sexually. I have done stuff with women and men. It sucks because I am married and want to be with a woman so bad. I now realize I have always been a lesbian. I have never been completely comfortable around men. I have feelings for a woman but not sure if she is lesbian. I'll find out soon though........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 12, 2012 11:59

im not exactly sure yet :l im bi curious; i just wish a girl could let me know if i am or not

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 17, 2012 17:10

I think I always new but never acted on it because I was always too worried about 'being accepted' to where I never followed my heart. I started messing around with girls towards the end of middle school but never went all the way because most/all of them were doing it just for the attention of guys.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 15, 2012 18:18

I just figured myself out recently- I haven't even come out to most of my family yet.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2011 21:07

I knew since I was about 6 years old and wanted to play doctor with the girl next door instead of the boy next door.

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us facebook twitter pinterest google+
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.