Home > Lesbian Forums > Health > Fibromyalgia in all it's glory... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Fibromyalgia in all it's glory...
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 24, 2009 10:40

Anyone out there suffering this awfully (can be) debilitating thing?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 16, 2011 19:04

Hi, i also have fibromyalgia. Im 27 yrs old. I was diagnosed a few years ago and was in a wheelchair for nearly 2 years, thankfully i was determined enough not to let it beat me. so now im walking with crutches and working hard on hopefully walking unaided again soon. Im lucky to have great friends and family who supported me and helped me through it all. I think the key is to pace yourself, and take control back. If it knocks you down just get right back up and either watch a film that makes you laugh or go out with friends and try and take your mind off all the pain. Well thats what i do. I wish you all pain free days.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 25, 2010 22:07

I am only 37 and was just recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I used to compete in martial arts, run 5k’s, hike all day, play softball, etc. In 2007 I was deployed to Iraq, suffered a severe spinal injury in 2008. After numerous surgeries, hardware, implants, and medications I still had unbearable pain. The doctors determined it was FM. I too take Cymbalta and Lyrica. I also am in an theraputic equestrian program that has helped tremendously. I live each day to it’s fullest no matter the pain. I have seen first hand life is too short.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 15, 2009 03:23

I know of one woman who suffered with fibromayalgia and there was no real escape from the pain for her. She went to a massage clinical(Some massage therapy programs will work on the general public as practice before their course is completed)and she left crying. Not from the pain but from the recession of pain. Please don't think I'm spamming or anything like that, but massage therapy is a great pain management technique and many states/insurances will cover it as medical massage. seriously ladies, I dislike seeing anyone suffer and I think you can benefit greatly from the right therapist.

and Clydebunny, i understand what you mean, it is always comforting to know you're not alone.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 10, 2009 09:01

YES!!!! ¿I was diagnosed in '06--just though I was getting old. ¿Fortunately, I was able to retire, but really struggled through my last year. ¿There's part of me that still doesn't believe this stuff exists, but a bad day of it makes me a believer once again. ¿I am currently on a generic Celebrex and Lyrica. ¿The Lyrica has a big co-pay, but it's worth it. ¿The generic is cheap, and does a good job. ¿I hate it that you're suffering from this, but, on the other hand, it's refreshing to here from an older person (I'm 68) that has some limitations. ¿All of the profiles I've seen of people my age are hiking the wilderness trails, doing 5K races, mountain climbing, biking, and, in general, doing the activities of a 20 yr. old.

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us facebook twitter pinterest google+
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate is owned and operated by SuccessfulMatch.com. LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.