Home > Lesbian Forums > Romance > I keep meeting fakes. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
I keep meeting fakes.
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 28, 2008 21:00

Which is why I no longer post my photo online. I used to be so trusting but they have ripped my trust in half. I've made a new policy where if they can't voice verify on the phone that they are a woman and they won't show their face on webcam (and I will do the same) to prove they are the woman they say they are, then I can't be bothered.

I hate making rules like this because no one should have to 'prove' themselves to anyone else or go thru these drastic measures but a girl can only take so much. After so many times of getting fake pics, followed by the run-around, you just get tired and lose hope.

Here are the 'drastic' requests I've had to make in the past that you might want to start if you're going through the same thing: (choose one of the following)
-Request 4+ pics of her
-Request a pic of her holding up your name on a peice of paper
-Webcam with her (if only to wave hello and goodbye)

I did this and they almost always backed out, it couldn't be done becuz they were fakes. Except the one girl who I realllly believed when she said she had no cam and only 1 pic a friend took. I met her and she was a completely different person!

Think of all the psychos out there that are using YOUR pic from a dating site you were on. Impersonating you to bait someone into chatting with them. Faking out someone else. :(

Does this bother you as much as it bothers me?

Are there any real women that are just as tired of it as I am and would like to skip all the fakes and meet someone who is really who she says she is? POST HERE! and email me :)

Your 4 pics for my 4 pics, Webcam 4 webcam or your sign pic 4 my sign pic. ;)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 03, 2010 13:34

This sucks, I'm so sorry you had to go through this.and we can chat a bit. If I like you, I'll share whatever you want to prove that I'm real. I'm 19, btw. Email me!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 12, 2010 23:17

I agree with you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 06, 2010 01:02

Yeah I definitely agree with you. It is so shame on people dishonest and cheating other people. Get a life those liars. Don't waste our time. I am really disappointed.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 03, 2010 11:06

well would u believe it the person who tried to get me to "sponsor her" so she was able to get to uk gave up speaking to me when i said i wasnt in a possition to do so has just had the nerve to mail me on here cracking on that she is new to this site plz every1 beware of scammers they play with ya feelings then leave u for dead fortunately i saw through this 1 but not every1 does

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2010 12:28

Her name was Angela, too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 09, 2010 14:45

At least you saw through her stanwyk i had a similar sinario and when i wasnt forthcoming with offers of money or a place to stay i heard no more good look finding what you are looking for tc x

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 08, 2010 08:51

Hi Everyone. This is my first time on a dating website. I believe that someone has just TRIED to scam me. She told me she was from Cyprus, her gf was killed, and she escaped to the UK in a hurry.

She stated that they had planned on moving to the U.S. And now she was coming alone. Claimed all her papers were in order for the move, but she didn't yet have a place to stay or a job lined up.

I asked her to call me. She did and her accent sounded like an accent from Africa (her profile said she is 40 and the picture is hot) a much older woman. She never did use her webcam. Also said she was having problems with getting here. Always delaying her plans. I asked her to call me again and she said she needed an international calling card (I did not offer to send her money for it). I never got another call or yahoo messenger messages.

Then, just today, a email came through from this dating site from her again. She obviously had not read some of the emails I sent until today. She completely thought she was talking to someone new and asked for my msn/yahoo messenger information. I deleted her from my messenger and contact information.

There are scams out there. I don't think I'll upgrade my membership due to this. I am looking for someone serious about a relationship and felt that this was a waste of my time. So look out for this one and don't get caught up.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 01, 2010 18:51

I agree its very difficult figuring out some of the fakers I have had a few and am frankly quite tired of them all it ends up making it harder for good honest people to get to know eachother well i know it has for me anyway

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 30, 2010 04:24

I really think it is sad that people have to fake who they are. That just goes to show how messed up society and people and networking can be. Why would anyone really think to do something like that! I just don't understand some people! Let's hope none of us EVER have to go through that again!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 30, 2010 04:22

Hey Cantwin4losing.
I would love to chat! :) You seem so very real and I like that about people!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 27, 2009 16:32

Wow. Yeah. I've had a lot of experience with fakes. I even had a girl that tried to give me a picture of myself to pass off as her. I've now started the rule that if they don't have a webcam I'm not even interested in trying to get to know them for more than a friend. Webcams aren't that high. There are no excuses anymore for not having a picture/webcam.

The sad part is I think some of the fakers get so deep in the game they actually believe they're that person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 06, 2009 22:10

Quoting Nspyrd:

WOW IVE MET WOMEN B4 FROM OTHER DATING SITES AND THE FUNNY THING IS THEY WERE WHO THEY SAID THEY WERE AS FAR AS BEING WOMAN WITH VALID PICS BUT THEIR ATTITUDES SUCKED THEY WERE NOT WORKING OR LIVING WITH THEIR PARENTS...PERSONALITY FAKES...RUDE AND SHALLOW AND TO THE WOMAN WHO MET SOMEONE WHO WAS STUCK IN AFRICA IS HER NAME BERRY

her name was Larissa

online dating is like playing a Russian roulette

with or without pictures on their profiles

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 06, 2009 17:08

I can relate to what you have gone through. So sad that there are so many out there that just want to mess with a persons emotions. I am leary of responding to anyone without a photo.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 30, 2009 18:56

Quoting friendsfirst27:

Which is why I no longer post my photo online. I used to be so trusting but they have ripped my trust in half. I've made a new policy where if they can't voice verify on the phone that they are a woman and they won't show their face on webcam (and I will do the same) to prove they are the woman they say they are, then I can't be bothered.

I hate making rules like this because no one should have to 'prove' themselves to anyone else or go thru these drastic measures but a girl can only take so much. After so many times of getting fake pics, followed by the run-around, you just get tired and lose hope.

Here are the 'drastic' requests I've had to make in the past that you might want to start if you're going through the same thing: (choose one of the following)
-Request 4+ pics of her
-Request a pic of her holding up your name on a peice of paper
-Webcam with her (if only to wave hello and goodbye)

I did this and they almost always backed out, it couldn't be done becuz they were fakes. Except the one girl who I really believed when she said she had no cam and only 1 pic a friend took. I met her and she was a completely different person!

Think of all the psychos out there that are using YOUR pic from a dating site you were on. Impersonating you to bait someone into chatting with them. Faking out someone else. :(

Does this bother you as much as it bothers me?

Are there any real women that are just as tired of it as I am and would like to skip all the fakes and meet someone who is really who she says she is? POST HERE! and email me :)

Your 4 pics for my 4 pics, Webcam 4 webcam or your sign pic 4 my sign pic. ;)

Lady, i know exactly what you are saying. I admit, i was an idiot, i got scammed by a someone pretended to be a girl stuck in Africa. I lost a lot of money, i thought i was really helping someone in need. I learned my lesson the hard way. I did a lot of researched and i'm now a lot smarter. Its UNBELIEVABLE how many of these scammers and pretenders are online dating sites. Yes, me too, i don't like to put my pictures anymore for i look so attractive to these very bad people.

By the way, sometimes scammers use pictures from Russian Brides and Hawaiin International Models websites.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 23, 2009 09:11

It is a shame that people are so decieving these days I wish you luck in your endeavors

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 28, 2008 12:05

Hi.. i'm jackie. looking for friend and pen pal too. I'm honest to you, if u wanna be my friend

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 17:15

I would love to be friend first..onbce we willing to compromise

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 17, 2008 22:03

Quoting alex1388:

ouch thats a really bad experience. i guess you don't think of these things when you join, thats got me worried now!
Well i didn't think about it, makes you wonder though why people go through all the effort!
So i'm with you on that one!

Well don't let that scare you, just set up your rules and hope that someone will understand. Always do whatever makes you comfortable and never let somebody talk you into something that doesnt feel right. Fakes usually give the run-around ALOT. If you get a 4 pic series from someone and you are talking for a few months b4 meeting ask them for a newer pic to make sure they haven't stolen somebody else's series pics.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 01, 2008 08:30

ouch thats a really bad experience. i guess you don't think of these things when you join, thats got me worried now!
Well i didn't think about it, makes you wonder though why people go through all the effort!
So i'm with you on that one!

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us facebook twitter pinterest google+
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.