Home > Lesbian Forums > Lesbian Questions > a lifetime Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
a lifetime
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 11, 2010 23:00

I myself have asked myself this hundreds of times...I want to know how on earth a lesbian realationships last for a lifetime, like 25 years, how do they make it that long? Does anyone know any lesbians personaly that has made it to that mark? I dont think I have met any couple over the 3 year mark..wonder what it takes...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 22, 2010 18:44

I really wanted my current deteriorating relationship to last forever as that is what I truly signed up for but after 7 years it is ending. We consistenly argue and she says that it pushed her away from me. Many of the arguments were due to how she talked to me and my emotional needs not being met. Instead of listening with an open heart she listened with her defenses. Plus, she has religious conflicts and is not sure if God accepts her being in this relationship. She can't promise that she won't come to me one day and say goodbye due to her religious beliefs and she is ready for a baby. I'm not at this time. Of course I still love her but I have gracefully let her go so we can both do some soul-searching on our own. I honestly don't see us getting back together but who knows.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 17, 2010 04:23

I've personally never seen a gay relationship last for 25 yrs but the ones I've seen last over 5 yrs have been full of lies, cheating, and then compromise and security. Not much different from hetero couples and definitely has nothing to do with gender. You either learn to love each other or you don't. Most of it has to do with the parties learning to love themselves first. Lots of dysfunction in the world.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 22, 2010 04:33

My last relationship lasted 24 years, yes, 24, and needless to say my longest. But I found myself losing myself and all into her needs and not of my own and I started missing myself, and everything I could do. Also though when the sex is gone (8 years ago) you lose the touching and the feeling of each other then the love after awhile dies too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 19, 2010 09:09

A relationship is a relationship, it has nothing to do with gender.
It depends on two people being willing to commit and do the work to keep the relationship going. There are no outside factors in my opinion that has to do with a relationship working. what does lying and cheating have to do with gender? People are human and they do it
regardless of, gender or sexuality. Please stop thinking is has to do with whether you are lesbian or gay.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 19, 2010 09:02

27 years here.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 05, 2010 22:18

I personally made it to the five year mark before being cheated on... how encouraging right? I also have friends who just passed the fifteen year mark and are on their way to the 25 year mark without a doubt. I think we as lesbians have a lot of outside factors against us that create more tension in our relationships than hetero couples do. But I also think if you find the "One" for you and you both decide that you want to make it a lifetime relationship, you will. Hope this helps!

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.