Home > Lesbian Forums > Message board > Older Lesbians Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Older Lesbians
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 19, 2005 17:57

Any singles ones left? How about the butch/femme dynamic, is that still important?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2011 22:46

I dont feel or look older but its harder to find wm of or near my age that still look good.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2011 22:44

na not into that but some are thats so limiting and I thought the good thing about being lesbian was the freedom.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2011 19:20

No, 41 isn't older i'm 52 and do not consider myself older. I do not feel old at all, well season.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 06, 2011 09:17

I'm 41 now, so is that considered 'older'? I certainly don't feel old!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 25, 2011 18:15

Inspiring spirited conversation....personally I am extremely happy not to wear a label of any kind and enjoy a lifestyle which nurtures and sustains my uniqueness....I work in the human services,am a compassionate gentle soul with integrity,walk the world with neither butch nor femme attitudes....embrace all diversity. People looking at me from the outside see me operating an excavator or a haulpak and will give me a label and people who see me sitting in my office wearing excellent perfume will label me something else...those who ask me to be there for them in a crisis while guns are pointed at them will, I am sure, have a different way of describing me as will my adult children who watch me hold their tiny baby's hand...I am me. Hey Sseraph I absolutely love your profile and your name,Granola !

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 17, 2011 17:00

Older lesbians......this expression,..well, that appears to me as awful!
I love only women, but I don t want to name myself as a Lesbian.I am just me, loving women...

Some girls of 20 looks like 40 and the other way around.And no, its not nice to get older, I agree...wrinkles..and so on..but we cannot fight it.The only we can do is take care of ourselves........
I m not twenty anymore..but young of body and mind........I dated some younger girls...good for your ego...but...no,.I want a mature woman, a soulmate, for the rest of my life!
Let s enjoy, let s go craxy ,let s marry!
Be Forever young, together.Love makes you happy ,healthy AND young.

Let s go for the bright site of life!
Bobbybear(blonde, female looking, slim)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 29, 2010 18:20

I have been with both femme and butch women. Have found that , when all is said and done, I love all types! Have recently ended a six year relationship and came to this site hoping to meet some new women to talk to. Not having much success. So if anyone cares to chat a tad, that would be great!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 06, 2010 14:29

I am a 49 year old femme. I would love to find someone that likes to see me dressed up, go out on real dates, hold hands and open my car door once in a while.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 22, 2010 03:50

Hi I am 46 and am looking for an honest person. I had not been with a man for over 28 years and will not go back, because the ladies are more beautiful in all ways. I am new to the site so if anyone wishes to write I will be happy to write back. But I do love older women.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 21, 2010 00:28

Yep. Plenty of us over 50 around. Butch/femme? Well some femmes think I am sort of butch but the real butches laugh their ass off. Asked a group of women what they though and they said on a 0 to 10 butch scale I wouldn't rate more than a 4. So call me granola. Fresh sweet granola. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 11, 2010 20:48

Hi, I think there are a lot of single older lesbians around, certainly in my country anyway. A lot seem to have become settled in their ways,some just can't seem to be bothered to put the effort into meeting and communication with others, why this is I don't know.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 08, 2010 08:22

Hi Rainey..I am a fem and never was Bisexual.I always believed in that fact that you are either straight or gay!! I have been out for 39 yrs and haven't and would never be with a man ever again in this life time,so you see there are many fem's who are strickly out here for our butch women Only!

take care!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 04, 2010 18:55

Hey nicherenlady....You took the words right outta my mouth! I've always known and always been to afraid. Even when my sister came out, i was too terrified of the stigma. I hate to admit the lack of courage...HATE IT!! Oh well, older and wiser and looking for my love...finally.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 03, 2010 16:04

Musicman,     I like what you wrote or added about "Butches from a fem point of view".  I like the part about history, being evident in her eyes.     I knew a butch that was out front in the 1940's.  She said it was the only way women could find her, she had to be visible.   It is different today in that sense.     Women can find each other now (at least when you are young - it does get a bit harder when you don't look like yourself anymore).     ...And there is also the part where we are just different than women, it is obvious.  I have always been a lesbian, a dyke.  My mom said many times "Don't walk like a man"...I was about 4 or 5 yr.  I didn't know what she was talking about.   Dad called me Pete, it was a natural response to my energy, the sort of person I was from the start.   It isn't a role, its a nature.     I am not so sure about that bravery part.  It was pretty scary growing up.  I hid quite a while.  Once I realized who I was and where I was going, I began to see butches going to jail for being themselves.  Illegal in the 50's & 60's.  I wasn't as bold as many others till mid 60's.

I wish you well in your journey.  Your work sounds great!   I know good women will find you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 17:00

Maybe there are more people watching and not responding that could get interested in writing.
The butch/fem issue. I remember during the 70/80's, during the feminist movement and gay rights movement... many bisexual women (hidesight shows how MANY) got in the gay movement and got rid of the butch concept as fast as possible. They used to say that butches were emulating men, and men were not what women wanted. Well, time tells the story, they went back to men, and left us with this bad rep. That butches were "male energy". Load of blank blank !
Butches are the original lesbians. That's who we are.
The fems...? I dunno. May all be bisexual. Maybe not. Go ahead and flame me. That has been my experience.
So "Butches Forever - Butches Unite!", I hope sometime we can begin to be more supportive of each other.
I am all for fems getting together, lipstick lesbians.. two women together are wonderful whoever they are.
I am a butch. I am a soft-hearted, compassionate female, that has always loved women, and has never been very feminine.
The women I have been with were harder and tougher emotionally than me. Then too, I find bisexual women to be harder and tougher than lesbians.
If you have other ideas, or can add to this one, I would be interested.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 10:51

I came out in the 70s i was 16 and back then there waS the whole dyke/femm thing going on but i was femm but sporty my girlfriend was also beautiful ive watch the whole gay bars being hidden underground and it was mostly labeled if you were femm or in between all the butch/ femme rules were in play. I am so happy that things have evolved where now two women can be in love be there selves and not have labels.I wish i could find my soulmate no labels and enjoy each other in hopeless romance.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 24, 2010 15:25

I have my preferrences as well as everyone else, I like a more butch looking woman who are strong minded. I have never been with another femme because i was never attracted to them..I have been gay for over 34 yrs and I am NOT bi sexual and i havent been with a man for the ast 34 years...I love the aggressive butch type woman, I myself am a 100% lipstick femme..if there is anyone out there that feels the same as i do about butch/femme i would be interested in hearing your views...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 20, 2010 08:08

i found this on a site it was from a femme's point of view. I am a proud 47 year old Butch. When i read things like this it makes my old heart swell and gives me the inspiration to get up in the morning one more time.

i'm trying to find another writing I came across that was articulately written with the passion that could have only come from a butch loving femme.

Whether it’s The Handsome Untouchable Stone That Makes U Weak In The Knees For Want of Their Touch to Only Make U Want For More – To the Darling Boi Begging at Your Toe, That U Will Love With The Care and Fierceness of a Lioness -- To The FtM Who Scars Their Body to Make There Skin Finally Feel Comfortable To Love Completely The Woman Of There Dreams…

Ohhhh All The Handsome Beautiful Different Tasty Flavors of Butch…

The Brave and Attractiveness of a Butch – Is That They Know Who They Are….

They Risk Everything – And Often Times Loose So Much -- They Deal With the Daily Abuse or Prejudices - They Get Snickers From Old Women and Sighs from Teenage Girls - How Can Any Femme Resist A Butch Who Gets That Much Attention?? *smirk

They Do Not Hide Who They Are - For That Would Be Denying History – Butches Have Been Around Since The Dawn Of Time…. They have been Healers – Leaders – Amazon Warriors – Intellectuals -- and Always Visible – Butches Cannot Hide or Blend in – There Sexuality Compels them To Be Visible…

Butches Have Been Cutting Down The Swath Of Ignorance Forever and a Day…. With Their Bodies and Minds…. Butches Are Our Lesbian History and More So Than Anyone Ever Wants To Give Credit Too….

I am Attracted To Butches – Because When I Look Into Their Eyes – I see History….

That Is What I Say – When Asked Why I am Attracted To Butches….

It’s In There Eyes…. I see History.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 12, 2010 17:11

I'm just me, not into the butch/femme , long as you're both happy...Yay.

Mobile Mobile Android Android Follow Us facebook twitter pinterest google+
Copyright © 2001 — 2014 LDate.com. All rights reserved.

LDate is owned and operated by SuccessfulMatch.com. LDate does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.